B.Sc Nursing - 4 years
- The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- The minimum educational requirements shall be the passing of: Higher Secondary school certificate Examination (12 years course), Or Senior School certificate Examination (10+2), pre-degree Examination (10+2) Or An equivalent with 12 years schooling from a recognized board or university With Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and English with minimum of 45% aggregate marks (PCBE).
- Entrance/Selection: Test Selection of the candidates should be based on the merit of the entrance examination held by University or competent authority.
M.Sc Nursing - 2 years
- The candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
- The minimum education requirements shall be the passing of: B.Sc. Nursing/B.Sc. (H) Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing with minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
- The candidate should have undergone in B.Sc. Nursing/B.Sc. (H) Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing in an institution which is recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
- Minimum one year of work experience after temporary / permanent Registration of Basic B. Sc. Nursing.
- Minimum one year of work experience prior or after temporary / Permanent Registration of P. B. B.Sc. Nursing.
- Candidate shall be medically fit.
- 5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST candidates may be given.
- Entrance/Selection Test: Selection of the candidates should be based on the merit of the entrance examination held by University or competent authority.
Post Basic B.Sc Nursing - 2 years
- Passed the Higher Secondary or Senior Secondary or Intermediate or 10+2 or an equivalent examination recognized by the university for this purpose. Those who have done 10+1 in or before 1986 will be eligible for admission
- Obtained a certificate in General nursing and Midwifery and registered as R.N.R.M. with the State Nurses Registration Council. A male nurse, trained before the implementation of the new integrated course besides being registered as a nurse with State Nurses Registration Council, shall produce evidence of training approved by Indian Nursing Council for a similar duration in lieu of midwifery in any one of the following areas:
- O.T. Techniques
- Ophthalmic Nursing
- Leprosy Nursing
- TB Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Neurological and Neuro surgical Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Cancer Nursing
- Orthopedic Nursing
- Occupational nursing
- Candidates shall be medically fit
Post Basic Diploma Courses
- Be a registered nurse (RN & RM) or equivalent
- Possess a minimum of one year experience as a staff nurse
- Nurses from other countries must obtain an equivalent certificate from INC before admission
- Be physically fit
Copyright 2015 © College of Nursing | Sri Ramakrishna Institute of Paramedical Sciences